Sunday, May 24, 2009

Women Health and Care Tips- Weight training:Yes or no?


It's a big yes for me. Most women would avoid weight training for fear of getting 'manly' figure, no thanks to the women trainer out there but trust me, you won't get bulky. I had two different experiences with personal trainer. The first trainer that I worked with has a very basic knowledge of personal training. When my thighs got bigger, he got panicked and changed his method.No results seen. Then I transferred to new club and got a new trainer. He's GOOD! Of course I went to the first phase of getting bulkier but when it was over, my muscles became lean and my body became slim with nice muscle tone.




What went through the first phase was, I got a bit bulkier as my muscle developed faster than my fat getting burned. So, when the fat layer started to burn, I became slimmer since my body has turned into fat and calorie burning machine. The only thing to keep in mind is that ALWAYS ensure that you consume enough protein so that your tissues are repaired faster for you to develop your muscles.




These are the rituals for my training program


1. Use medium weight and more repetition.

Add your weight until you feel the muscles that you are working on. Else, you are just wasting your time. Too heavy weight can cause injury if you are not careful.



2. Take protein drinks after workout at least 2hours before sleep.

This helps to repair your tissue



3. Sleep for at least 7hours, 8hours is the best for fast muscle recovery



4. Do weight training and cardio exercise every alternate days.

At least 3times of weight training in a week. I normally workout for 1 hour/session.

2 comments:

Azizah said...

You should open a wellness centre soon.There are/will be many doctors in the family to help out on clients who needs a doctor's supervision while working out.All you need now is to find a dietitian.

evita said...

hmm..am going to consider that.